OTT abbreviated from “Over-the-Top” and refers to video content streamed over the internet, rather than via broadcast or cable television. This includes viewing video content in various forms on a regular TV connected to a third-party device like a Roku player, as well as viewing on laptops or other mobile devices.
- The data here includes images, sounds, videos shared on the internet by a 3rd party as well as the user and network operator.
- In addition, Internet providers (ISPs) are recognized by the presence of these OTTs by the names of the transmitted data packets,
- Unlike previous services, users of cable TV, digital satellite TV need to pay a fee, or messaging and callers need to pay for the network.
- Today, OTT applications are becoming more and more popular on devices such as laptops, game consoles (PlayStation 4, WiiU and Xbox One), smartphones (smartphones), smart TVs, tablets
- With extensive Internet and 3G/4G coverage, Vietnam is becoming a potential environment for the development and exploitation of OTT applications.
- With the strong development of a wide range of OTT applications, carriers also benefit from OTT services offered to subscribers. It can be said that OTT is increasingly becoming an inevitable trend.
For more information about your video contents;
Latest Updates on Feb 08, 2022