Personal / internal reasons to do something. Relatedness, Autonomy, Mastery and Purpose are examples of this.
- Relatedness : social connection to others.
- Autonomy : freedom / agency to act as you wish.
- Mastery : achieving something such as learning a new skill.
- Purpose : three variations.
- A sense of direction, such as goals or story lines / narratives.
- feeling that you are involved in something with greater meaning (Epic Meaning).
- Altruism (selfless acts for the benefit of others).
Latest Updates on Mar 13, 2020