Video Marketing Statistics Of 2021
We live in a fast-paced world where one good video can lead to a massive social following, where a massive social following can drive programming decisions, and where programming can be dynamically created by the top skilled and expert advertiser.
Dig deeper into the evolve milieu to better understand how consumers, executives, marketers, etc., are responding to their new environment.
The last handful of years we witness a surge in video popularity as a content marketing format.
- In 2017, video rose to the top of the marketing tactic list with extensive focus on expensive production and slight analysis to show for it.
- In 2018, 2019, and 2020, video has transformed from a singular marketing tactic to a whole business strategy.
- In 2021, video become an all-inclusive business approach, where video content should be produced by all terms in a conversational, actionable, and measurable way.
A Short History of Video Marketing
Video marketing started the mainstream around 2010 and wasn’t until about four years later that it became genuinely convenient for smaller budgets. Today, video marketing is the evolution of social media as it is accessible to all businesses.
2021 & The Global Pandemic
- 74% say the pandemic made them switch to use video, while 26% say it became less likely.
- 40% of marketers say their plans encompassing video marketing are being affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 60% of marketers expect the pandemic to transform their video marketing budget for 2021.
- 68% of consumers say the pandemic has reshaped the amount of video content they have watched online, with the overriding majority, 96% saying this has progressed.
- 91% of marketers believe video is more imperative for brands in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The ROI Of Video Marketing
- 94% of video marketers say video has helped boost user understanding of their product or service (down to 1% from 2020).
- 86% of video marketers say video has doubled traffic to their website (down to 1% from 2020).
- 83% of video marketers say video raises the average time their visitors spend on the page (up to 2% from 2020).
- 84% of video marketers say video has abetted them in generating leads (up to 1% from 2020).
- 43% of video marketers say video has lessened the number of support calls they have received (up to 1% from 2020).
- 78% of video markers say video has directly helped raise sales (down to 2% from last year).
The Evolution Of Video Marketing
Videos are ruling the online conte nt consumption as one-third of all online activity is consumed watching videos. People watch an average of 60 hours of video every week.
More than 150 million people view videos online every year, most of them are ripe for hearing the subject of your business if you produce and market your video effectively.
As one of the most prevalent and powerful forms of digital marketing, video has become the primary focus for almost every modern content marketer. Video marketing is undoubtedly a vast opportunity for smart workers.
Why Every Business Needs To Market With Videos?
The internet is littered with video marketing stats that all point to the same thing: video is the future of marketing.
- Google’s research reveals that 6 out of 10 people would rather watch online videos than television.
- YouTube affirms that its users view more than 1 billion hours of video each day on the platform.
- Hubspot uncovered that 78% of people watch online videos every week, while 54% watch videos every day.
The expansion in video use for marketing also means an increase in competition. Therefore, it's crucial to adopt high-end strategies to make videos more effective and informational.
Types of Video Marketing That Are Popular
- 72% of marketers utilizing video create explainer videos.
- 49% of marketers utilizing video create presentation videos.
- 48% of marketers utilizing video create testimonial videos.
- 42% of marketers utilizing video create video ads.
- 42% of marketers utilizing video create sales videos.
Video Length Statistics
- 60% indicate that a video being too long would strongly deter them from watching.
- Facebook recommends that small businesses should try keeping videos to around 15 seconds. They also shared that 47% of video in a video is delivered in the first 3 seconds.
- Videos that are an average of 26 seconds holding the most comments on Instagram.
- The average length of all business-related videos are just over six minutes.
- The majority of videos (60%) are generally less than two minutes.
- Only 3% of business videos are 10 to 20 minutes long.
- Longer form video contents (over 20 minutes in length) grew 66%.
The Most Popular Metrics You Will See When Publishing And Tracking Videos
1. View count
- The number of times your video has been viewed.
- This metric is excellent for tracking if your goal is to boost brand awareness and want your content to be viewed by as many people as possible.
2. Play rate
- The percentage of people who played your video divided by the number of impressions it received.
- The metric is great for determining how relevant or appealing your videos are to your audience.
3. Social sharing and comments
- A good indicator of how relevant your content is with your target audience.
- The metric is great if your goal is to reach a lot of people.
4. Video completions
- The number of times a video is played in its entirety.
- The metric is more significant than view count when trying to determine the success of your videos.
5. Completion rate
- The number of people who completed your video divided by the number of people who played it.
- The metric is great for gauging a viewer’s reaction to your video.
6. Click-through rate
- The number of times your call-to-action is clicked divided by the number of times it is viewed.
- The metric is great for checking how effective your video is at encouraging people to take your desired action.
7. Conversion rate
- The number of times visitors completed your desired action divided by the number of clicks on your CTA.
- This metric is great if your goal is to have your viewers complete an action like signing up for a free trial.
Ready, Set, Action!
Although video remains a top performer for driving conversions, video editing and marketing seem a hard task. To move deals forward to close, video companies like Cinema8 help clients see what’s possible. They identify what’s valuable and deliver it by combining creative and digital capabilities with their prowess and all-embracing technical experience.